Please see the individual genre webpages for IC information for the event.
OOC INFORMATION: KUBLACON 2020
DATES for ACE/OWBN Game @ Kublacon 2020:
Friday May 22nd- Sunday May 24th
Thursday, May 21st there are no OWBN games at the event.
Monday, May 28th- There are no OWBN games; The convention ends at 5 pm.
Camarilla Event Game: Friday, Saturday, & Sunday Evenings 6:30pm-1am
- Sabbat hosted by Secretos de Sangre: Saturday 11 am to 5 pm
- Garou/Changing Breeds hosted by Dark Side of the Moon: Sunday 11 am to 5 pm
NEW LOCATION INFO:
Hotel: SF Airport Marriott (down the street from the Hyatt); the hotels in the area have shuttles they operate to travel between them, but are not connected with the convention.
OWBN LARPs will be int he Junior Ballroom, which is approximately a 4000 square foot indoor space with bathrooms and a bar close by.
CHARACTER SIGN-IN INFORMATION:
For Camarilla Event Games only : Each night, sign-in starts at 6:00 pm, and game will start at 7:30 pm. The game site will be open until 2:00 am, going to soft RP starting around 1:00am unless otherwise indicated by ST staff finishing up scenes/meetings. Earlier sign-in will be available, and will be announced closer to the event via the OWBN Kublacon Facebook group.
Declaration sheets will be available at sign-in, but you can submit one electronically up to the date of sheet submissions via this link: Kublacon 2020 Declarations Form
For all OWBN games for Kublacon weekend:
- All sheets should be sent to email@example.com
- All character sheets will be due May 2nd, 2020
- Please send sheets in .gex format or pdf only, and must include first & last name of the player on the sheet.
- No sheets will be accepted as forwarded by players without their home staff CCed. You must have your home chronicle forward the sheet to us in the format requested above or have them included on the email.
- If you bring your sheet because your staff couldn’t send it in, you will be delayed in check-in. Please make sure we are able to contact your ST staff if needed.
- All sheets brought by the player MUST be stamped and signed by their home chronicle. You will not be allowed to use a printed sheet that is not stamped and signed by your ST.
- Game/Sheet/Wonky Item Cards questions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any sheets with custom content or hard-to-find content must include the source materials/approved write up in the notes section of their characters sheets when submitted or they will not be allowed to use during the event. Any powers/abilities are subject to red-line by the event STs.
Please note (for Camarilla Event Games only): The game you are attending is an IC Camarilla Event! If you wish to play a sabbat character, or “Perfect Infiltrator” of any sect or clan, your character must be approved on a case by case basis by the ST staff before your PC comes into play. Your ST staff will need to notify us of your PC’s circumstances before you sign-in.
Item Cards: Cards must be signed off by ACE Kublacon ST staff to be valid. You may only sign in the number of item cards with magical properties up to twice your Occult ability rating. There is a hard limit of a total of 20 item cards per PC that can be signed in each night. If you do not have a mundane item on a signed card, or as a prop or on your person, it does not exist. All crafts x (?) clothing, jewelry, shoes, etc must have a signed card. All non-mundane items require a signed item card to exist at the event.
Please make sure to take a look at our House Rules before entering play. They are available on our website to review before attending the event, and we will have a printed copy at the event as well.
We will have a copy of our Code of Conduct/DA policy for the event at each OWBN game.
All players need to visually represent their PC’s appearance traits, characteristics, flaws or merits that they themselves do not have (Touch of Frost, Gorgeous x 5, etc) with either a sticker or a button.
Note To All OWBN Coords, Subcoords, Visiting ST Staff
Are you a Coord? Subcoord? Visiting ST? In order to implement genre plot, cross chronicle plot, run Clan Meetings, etc during Kublacon, we request that interested parties contact us no later than April 1st, 2020 so we can all work out the details. We would love some good clan/genre plotlines! If local ST staff would like to work at cross chronicle plot, we would be happy to do that as well.
KUBLACON & REGISTRATION INFORMATION
General Admission for the weekend: $80.00
- Friday: $45.00
- Saturday: $50.00
- Sunday: $45.00
More registration options can be found at Kublacon’s official Website
The rates will go up as time goes on, so register in advance. Also keep in mind that by volunteering, you can get into Kublacon for free! Go to their website here: Kublacon Volunteer Shifts
Marriott Waterfront SFO
1800 Old Bayshore Highway
Burlingame, CA 94010
For hotel information: Marriott Waterfront SFO Kublacon
There are other nearby hotels as well that will not be part of the Con’s group rate.
The Bay Area Regional Transit system (BART) goes into SFO. If you fly into Oakland you can take the BART to SFO and then catch a shuttle over to the Marriott Waterfront SFO (as well as other hotels local in the area). If you are local, you can still take the BART over to the airport to catch the airport shuttle to the Hotel!